Thursday, 31 October 2013

Jack-O-Lantern Orange Cups

          I really wanted L to bring a special little treat to school on Halloween for all his new friends but I couldn't decide what he should bring.  I thought of making some mummy cupcakes or filling up treat bags with candy but I figured they would all have more than their fair share of cavity driven sweets throughout the day.  When we received a letter from L's teacher saying that they would be decorating cupcakes in class; it sealed the deal that I needed to find something healthy and tasty for him to bring.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/b7/25/1a/b7251a343e11df3b4d813d34a0f9784b.jpg 

          Theses Jack-O-Lantern Orange Cups were the perfect combination of sweet and good for you all in one fun little cup.  They were super easy to make and L loved the fact that he got to help personalize them and can't wait to hand them out during snack time. 

          Can you tell which ones are his?

9 comments:

  1. I really like this idea and a cute way to not have their overfill of sweets today. They really look like mini pumpkins in a cup. I hope they were well received and he looks like he had fun drawing his wide-eyed jack o lanterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great little idea. Sometimes creativity is the best money saver. Especially when it comes to treats for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! It's a fun and creative way to still be healthy and be festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. So simple and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Idea, Love The Faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable and I know that my grandkids would love them! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea for using what you already have!

    ReplyDelete